RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a Riverview teenager used a baseball bat and knife to murder his mother.
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Joshua Leon Carmona, age 18, for the murder of his mother Tahirih Lua D’Angelo, age 39.
D’Angelo’s body was found Monday at Carmona’s home located at 6916 Hawthorne Trace in Riverview. Monday was D’Angelo’s birthday.
According to a criminal report obtained by News Channel 8, Carmona hit her in the face until she was unconscious, then stabbed her in the back of the neck. The paperwork says Carmona admitted to trying to clean up after.
Carmona was charged with First Degree Murder and booked into the Hillsborough County Jail on Tuesday morning.
The sheriff’s office plans to release more details about the crime on Tuesday morning.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pinellas County deputies identify body found in water as missing swimmer
- Deputies: Palm Harbor couple took 5-year-old to bar, got wasted
- Police: Missing Palmetto woman was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- Woman dies after Brazilian butt lift procedure at Florida clinic
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure
- Pete man involved in deadly I-75 crash that killed 4