ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are asking witnesses to come forward after a teenage girl was seriously injured when she was hit by a car Monday morning in St. Petersburg.
A St. Petersburg Police Department spokesperson said it happened at 7:07 a.m. near 55th Avenue North and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street North.
Alina Marie Perez, age 17, was walking across Dr. MLK Street North, from west to east, when she was struck by a red Buick Rendezvous that was driving north.
Detectives say there may have been a person riding a motorcycle or a scooter at this location that may have witnessed this accident.
Investigators are asking that person to contact the St. Petersburg Police Department.
No other details have been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pitbull, Enrique Iglesias to perform at Tampa concert
- Dairy Queen giving away free ice cream
- Police: Missing Palmetto woman was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- Woman dies after Brazilian butt lift procedure at Florida clinic
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure
- St. Pete man involved in deadly I-75 crash that killed 4