ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is in the hospital after an argument led to shooting in St. Petersburg on Sunday afternoon.
Police say it started at the Wawa on 22nd Avenue North.
Bryan Stevens, the victim, 34 was on his bicycle, arguing with Vincent Pontone, the alleged shooter, 59.
Investigators say Stevens threw coffee at Pontone, then left, heading east. Pontone then got into his car and headed in the same direction.
According to investigators, the two started arguing again when Pontone stopped at a red light and Stevens rode up to him. During that argument, police say Pontone took out a handgun and fired two shots, striking Stevens in the upper torso twice.
Stevens was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Hospital where he was stabilized.
Police say Pontone, who cooperated with investigators, claims he was in fear when Stevens approached him at the light.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure
- Police: Missing Palmetto woman was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- FHP identifies driver killed in Hillsborough County crash
- Police searching for missing 14-year-old girl from Dade County
- No opioids, please: Clearing the way to refuse prescriptions
- Hillsborough Co. detectives warn residents after two armed kidnappings