HIALEAH, Fla. (WFLA) —A family is mourning a Kansas City woman who flew to South Florida to get cosmetic surgery and died on Thursday night after the procedure.
Ranika Hall, 25 went to Eres Plastic Surgery at 1738 W. 49th St. in Hialeah for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.
The Hialeah Fire Department was called to the business shortly after the procedure when she lost consciousness and stopped breathing.
Hall died an hour later.
Last May, another woman, Heather Meadows, 29 died at the same business while undergoing the same procedure, but it’s unclear whether the same doctor performed the surgery on both women.
An investigation into Hall’s death is ongoing.
Her family says she leaves behind a one-year-old daughter.
They’ve set up a GoFundMe page for her burial.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure
- Police: Missing Palmetto woman was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- FHP identifies driver killed in Hillsborough County crash
- Police searching for missing 14-year-old girl from Dade County
- No opioids, please: Clearing the way to refuse prescriptions
- Hillsborough Co. detectives warn residents after two armed kidnappings