HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) —Gusty winds and low humidity have prompted a red flag warning in Hernando County.
The National Weather Service issues a red flag warning when fire conditions are ongoing or expected in the area.
The warning remains in effect from 2 pm until 6 pm on Friday.
The NWS’ forecast is calling for sustained winds between 5 and 10 mph and humidity less than 35 percent.
The National Weather Service suggests those affected stay up to date on the latest weather conditions using their website or media outlets like WFLA.com. You can also monitor the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office webpage for other informational updates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Alisa Summers, jailed husband in court for custody hearing after alleged kidnapping
- Pinellas neighbors hide in fear as shots ring out over domestic dispute about donuts
- New York emergency worker run over by stolen ambulance
- Woman taken to hospital after apartment fire in St. Petersburg
- Tampa Bay area allergy sufferers believe in the benefits of honey
- Paralyzed jailhouse dog in Georgia looking for forever home