MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) —A 14-month-old child is in critical condition following a near-drowning experience on Thursday in Lakewood Ranch.
It happened on the 12000 block of Nightshade Place in Summerfield Strand.
Manatee County deputies say the toddler’s father was eating and didn’t see the child slip through a sliding door, which was slightly cracked open.
The father noticed the door was opened wider and went outside to investigate.
He discovered his son in the pool, removed the child and began livesaving efforts.
Emergency services were dispatched to the scene and transported the child to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Alisa Summers, jailed husband in court for custody hearing after alleged kidnapping
- Pinellas neighbors hide in fear as shots ring out over domestic dispute about donuts
- New York emergency worker run over by stolen ambulance
- Woman taken to hospital after apartment fire in St. Petersburg
- Tampa Bay area allergy sufferers believe in the benefits of honey
- Paralyzed jailhouse dog in Georgia looking for forever home