PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A portion of northbound Interstate 275 is shut down after an accident.
The Florida Highway Patrol confirmed Samuel Hendry, 55, of Myakka City, lost control of the tractor-trailer he was driving. The truck left the road and collided with the center median.
The tractor-trailer jackknifed and traveled back across the road, obstructing all northbound lanes.
Northbound I-275 is closed between 9th Avenue North and 17th Avenue North.
Approximately 100 gallons of diesel fuel spilled from the saddle tanks of the truck.
Hendry suffered minor injuries in the crash. He was taken to Bayfront Hospital.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 2 dead after 3 cars hit motorcycle in Pasco County
- Joni Sledge of Sister Sledge dies at 60
- Bartow woman accused of killing 3 children by setting fire to home
- Man operating parasail drowns near St. Pete Beach
- FHP: Teenage girl dead, 8 others injured in alcohol-related crash in Pinellas