WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – Police in Winter Haven are searching for a man who they say choked and beat a pregnant woman.
Officers say 23-year-old Eric Atmore was sitting in the woman’s car outside of his home, arguing with her when the incident happened. The woman is 18 years old and six months pregnant.
According to police, Atmore took the girl’s keys when she tried to get away, and then hit her in the face, choked her and bit her on the neck.
Eventually, officers say Atmore left the vehicle and the victim was able to drive away.
Police say Atmore has a violent criminal history, including battery on law enforcement, resisting arrest with violence, domestic battery and drug charges.
Anyone with information on Atmore is asked to call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- New photo released of kidnapped Valrico mother of 5
- Brevard deputy rescues jet skiers from path of cruise ship
- Pre-installed malware found on 38 Android devices
- Joni Sledge of Sister Sledge, dies at 60
- Bartow woman accused of killing 3 children by setting fire to home
- FHP: Teenage girl dead, 8 others injured in alcohol-related crash in Pinellas