LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Two families were forced out of their homes during a fire in Polk County early Saturday morning.
Officials say flames broke out in the kitchen of a duplex in Lakeland around 1:15 a.m., causing serious damage. A second duplex next door did not catch fire, but firefighters say it was damaged by smoke and water.
No one was injured, and investigators are calling this an accidental fire. Both duplexes had working smoke alarms.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- If you get a call from these area codes, don’t respond
- Deputies respond to accidental shooting at Oldsmar movie theater
- Target 8: Junk pile in neighborhood grows, Hillsborough man asks ‘where is the county?’
- Police say couple staged murder with ketchup, texted photos
- Woman claiming relationship with Tim Tebow arrested in Florida