YBOR CITY, Fla. (WFLA) – An overnight fire at a former gay spa in Ybor City is now being investigated as arson, according to Tampa fire investigators.
Heavy smoke and flames broke out at the Ybor Resort & Spa on E 8th Avenue around 3:30 a.m. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control without any injuries, but the vacant building sustained around $100,000 worth of damage.
Investigators say a suspect, or suspects, went into the building illegally and set several fires before leaving the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fire Marshal’s Office or submit an anonymous tip here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- If you get a call from these area codes, don’t respond
- Deputies respond to accidental shooting at Oldsmar movie theater
- Target 8: Junk pile in neighborhood grows, Hillsborough man asks ‘where is the county?’
- Police say couple staged murder with ketchup, texted photos
- Woman claiming relationship with Tim Tebow arrested in Florida