HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office say the man found dead near Clair-Mel Saturday was shot by someone driving by.
Deputies were called to Libby Lane at Deerfield Lane for shots fired, and say they found 39-year-old Thomas Edward Walker of Tampa dead.
According to deputies, Walker was playing chess on the corner of the road, and was walking away when someone drove by and fired several shots, hitting Walker.
An official cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner.
If you have any information, you’re asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies investigate kidnapping in eastern Hillsborough
- 2 dead after 3 cars hit motorcycle in Pasco County
- Joni Sledge of Sister Sledge, dies at 60
- Bartow woman accused of killing 3 children by setting fire to home
- Man operating parasail drowns near St. Pete Beach
- FHP: Teenage girl dead, 8 others injured in alcohol-related crash in Pinellas