CHICAGO (AP) — A Chicago woman has been ordered held on $1 million bond for forcing her boyfriend to drink bleach, leading to his death.
Prosecutors said during a Thursday bond hearing that Yasmine Elder and Darius Ellis were arguing in a van Monday but the argument turned physical and Elder got the upper hand.
Authorities say Elder grabbed Ellis’ hair, pinned him down with her knees and poured the bleach on his face. Ellis ingested some of liquid, which the Cook County medical examiner says caused his death.
Elder was arrested at her home. Authorities have not said what prompted the fight.
Elder’s attorney said she is single and used to work in sanitation at a bakery.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- If you get a call from these area codes, don’t respond
- Local Walmart Supercenters giving away nearly 53,000 cupcakes
- Protesters want Bartow Police Officer fired after calling former President Obama a “gorilla”
- Police: Woman in labor demanded an injection of heroin, meth
- Temple Terrace ‘house of horrors’ has rats running into nearby homes
- Casey Anthony speaks for the first time about daughter Caylee’s death
- Margaritaville King Jimmy Buffett launches Fla. retirement village
- Toddler found in car with dead father outside grocery store