TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Residents of a New Tampa subdivision were not able to leave their neighborhood for a short time on Friday morning because of a brush fire.
The fire broke out near the 19200 Block of Autumn Woods Avenue at the Hawthorne Estates subdivision.
Tampa Fire Rescue crews put out the fire just before 7 a.m.
Tampa Police Department officers also responded to the scene.
Shortly after the fire broke out, vehicular traffic at the neighborhood was restricted and residents were not able to enter or leave the neighborhood because of the fire scene. However, around 6:20 a.m., the roads were reopened.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Child crashes weather report, forecasts ‘farts and toots’
- Protesters want Bartow Police Officer fired after calling former President Obama a “gorilla”
- If you get a call from these area codes, don’t respond
- Casey Anthony speaks for the first time about daughter Caylee’s death
- Inspectors find 4 skimmers in Pinellas during pre-Spring Break sweep
- Margaritaville King Jimmy Buffett launches Fla. retirement village
- Toddler found in car with dead father outside grocery store