PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to an accidental shooting inside a movie theater in Pinellas County.
It happened at the AMC Woodlands Square 20 in Oldsmar, just after 2 p.m. on Friday.
Deputies say a patron, Nathan A. Schrage, 26 was in the bathroom when his gun discharged.
Schrage had placed his firearm on a toilet paper dispenser and when he tried to put his gun back in the holster, it discharged and he was shot in the left hand.
He carries a valid concealed permit, according to deputies.
Fortunately, nobody was in the bathroom when his gun discharged.
Some patrons at the movie theater said they aren’t concerned with guns inside theaters.
“I just came in, enjoyed the movie, and I did enjoy the movie,” said Mike Nicolazzo.
“I do pay attention for the exits, but not for anything other than someone maybe yelling fire, or a fight or something like that,” said Darrell Harris.
Retired police detective Steven Gardner is concerned about violence in public places like movie theaters.
“I do find myself looking around, where’s the exit, who’s sitting next to me?” he said.
“You should be able to go to the movies, or go to the mall, or do anything in this society without fear of being shot.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- If you get a call from these area codes, don’t respond
- Local Walmart Supercenters giving away nearly 53,000 cupcakes
- Protesters want Bartow Police Officer fired after calling former President Obama a “gorilla”
- Police: Woman in labor demanded an injection of heroin, meth
- Temple Terrace ‘house of horrors’ has rats running into nearby homes
- Casey Anthony speaks for the first time about daughter Caylee’s death
- Margaritaville King Jimmy Buffett launches Fla. retirement village
- Toddler found in car with dead father outside grocery store