DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a construction worker beat a fellow worker to death with a crowbar at a South Florida site.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office news release says 32-year-old Jonathan Schuler was arrested shortly after Wednesday morning’s attack on 32-year-old Arcenio Alvarez.
Authorities say Schuler and Alvarez worked for different companies at the same Deerfield Beach construction site, so investigators weren’t sure if the two men had ever met before Wednesday. Alvarez was an employee of N&P Demolition, a subcontractor on the site. Schuler was a day laborer who was contracted only for the day.
Investigators say they’re working to determine a motive for the seemingly unprovoked attack.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Police: Woman in labor demanded an injection of heroin, meth
- Cops: Sarasota duo struck man with car, then beat him with a stick
- Bloomingdale Library attacker Kendrick Morris resentenced to life in prison
- Casey Anthony speaks for the first time about daughter Caylee’s death
- Inspectors find 4 skimmers in Pinellas during pre-Spring Break sweep
- Margaritaville King Jimmy Buffett launches Fla. retirement village
- Toddler found in car with dead father outside grocery store