ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A small plane skidded off the runway at the Albert Whitted Airport in St. Petersburg on Thursday, according to St. Pete Fire Rescue.
Rescue crews were dispatched to the site of a single engine aircraft, which had skidded of the runway and slid into the grass.
Only the plane was hurt—it’s landing gear collapsed.
The pilot, who was the sole person on board reported no injuries.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Police: Woman in labor demanded an injection of heroin, meth
- Cops: Sarasota duo struck man with car, then beat him with a stick
- Bloomingdale Library attacker Kendrick Morris resentenced to life in prison
- Casey Anthony speaks for the first time about daughter Caylee’s death
- Inspectors find 4 skimmers in Pinellas during pre-Spring Break sweep
- Margaritaville King Jimmy Buffett launches Fla. retirement village
- Toddler found in car with dead father outside grocery store