TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A former well-known professional wrestler who called the Tampa Bay area home passed away, due to complications from a recent surgery on Tuesday.
Ronald Heard, known in the ring as “Cowboy” Ron Bass, died at Tampa General Hospital. He was 68-years-old.
Heard battled some of the best professional wrestling had to offer in a career spanning two decades, including “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, Blackjack Mulligan, Barry Windhim and Tampa’s own Steve Keirn.
Heard wrestled all over the world before a series of injuries ended his career in 1989.
Heard had roots in Hillsborough County and was living in Thonotosassa at the time of his death.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Casey Anthony speaks for the first time about daughter Caylee’s death
- Inspectors find 4 skimmers in Pinellas during pre-Spring Break sweep
- Margaritaville King Jimmy Buffett launches Fla. retirement village
- Toddler found in car with dead father outside grocery store
- PHOTOS: 13 ft. long gator pulled from Ocala swimming area
- 97-year-old twins freeze to death after falling outside
- Pasco man shares amazing story about 370 lb. weight loss on social media, internet