DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — You can’t get any more laid back than retirement. So perhaps it’s fitting that the king of laid-back music, Jimmy Buffett, is lending his vibe to a retirement community.
Latitude Margaritaville — named after Buffett’s best-known song, “Margaritaville — will open its first community in Daytona Beach for “those looking to live the Margaritaville lifestyle as they grow older, but not up,” according to a press release.
Current plans call for walkable neighborhoods, a fitness center and food and drinks from Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurant. Margaritaville Holdings and Minto Communities announced the partnership last month. Minto said the community’s focus will be on music and will include a band shell for live entertainment. Construction has begun and the village is slated to open this fall.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- PHOTOS: 13 ft. long gator pulled from Ocala swimming area
- 97-year-old twins freeze to death after falling outside
- Pasco man shares amazing story about 370 lb. weight loss on social media, internet
- Motorcyclist dies after hitting deer in Citrus County
- PHOTOS: Surgeons remove 915 coins swallowed by Thai sea turtle