NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – Troopers with the Florida Highway Patrol say they are investigating four different crashes in the southbound lanes of I-75 at mile marker 177.
Troopers say according to their preliminary investigation, three people are dead and two others are injured. Authorities say multiple vehicles are involved including a semi.
Three crashes occurred after the initial collision.
The southbound lanes of I-75, south of the Toledo Blade #179 exit were closed for several hours, but officials say the lanes are back open.
The northbound lanes will remain open.
Authorities ask motorists to be patient and find an alternate route to travel.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- White House demands probe over Obama power use
- Pasco County deputies seek suspect in fatal hit-and-run crash
- I-75 SB south of Toledo Blade exit closed due to multi-vehicle crash
- Plane crashes in Manatee County, causes wildfire
- Man dies following Polk house fire
>>>>> BACK TO TOP STORIES