CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago nearly went a full week without a fatal shooting.
The Chicago Sun-Times and the Chicago Tribune reported the city had passed such a milestone on Sunday morning for the first time in more than five years.
However, that was before the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office on Sunday afternoon reported the homicide of 22-year-old Antoine D. Watkins from multiple gunshot wounds. Police say they found him lying face down Saturday in a vacant lot about a block from where he lived in the Austin neighborhood on the city’s west side.
Before that fatal shooting, the last one had occurred Feb. 26.
The newspapers report the city has recorded more than 100 homicides so far this year.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Nevada fugitive poisoned husband’s cereal to avoid unwanted sex
- Florida legislators may reach breakthrough in gambling overhaul
- Pedestrian laying by road killed in hit-and-run crash in Pasco County
- Three dead after multi-vehicle crash on I-75
- Former DNI James Clapper: ‘I can deny’ wiretap of Trump Tower
>>>>> BACK TO TOP STORIES