PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A driver is dead after a 3-vehicle crash involving a bus that was carrying the Hiram College baseball team.
It happened on the southbound lanes on I-75. Emily Jones, 81 died at the scene.
Authorities say the bus, which was carrying 38 passengers, rear-ended Jones after failing to slow down as vehicles merged from three to two lanes.
Southbound lanes on I-75 were closed until 4:30 pm.
The team was traveling from Ohio to Fort Meyers to take part in the Gene Cusic Classic. They are scheduled to play a doubleheader against Dominican University on Sunday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Plane crashes in Manatee County, causes wildfire
- Pinellas County deputies arrest and ticket dozens of motorists in DUI crackdown
- Polk County jail inmate dies of cardiac arrest after vomiting
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: Feb. 20 to 24
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | March 4-5
- Florida Strawberry Festival: Entertainment Schedule & What to know before you go
>>>>> BACK TO TOP STORIES