TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Victor Hedman scored his second goal of the game 46 seconds into overtime, Andrei Vasilevskiy made 28 saves and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-3 on Wednesday night.
Tyler Johnson and Nikita Kucherov also scored to help the Lightning improve to 7-1-2 in the last 10 games.
Noah Hanifin, Derek Ryan and Jay McClement scored for Carolina, and Eddie Lack stopped 12 shots. The Hurricanes are 1-5-3 in their last nine.
Hedman lifted a shot over Lack during the extra session. Nikita Kucherov got his second assist on the play.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW-
- Boy, 2, dies after being left in hot car in Brandon shopping center parking lot
- Ash Wednesday: Some Tampa Bay area churches offering drive-thru ash service
- Family of toddler who died after dental visit files wrongful death lawsuit
- Better Call Behnken: Tampa TV repair shop lied about Samsung affiliation
- Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe