HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – One lane of northbound I-75 is closed after an RV exploded into flames just south of the Gibsonton exit in Hillsborough County.
The vehicle was hit by a tire on the roadway, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Explosions were heard before the fire. Photos show flames shooting from the RV and huge clouds of smoke coming from the RV.
Deputies have since reopened one lane of traffic northbound.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Undercover detectives arrest 6 men for indecent exposure, solicitation at Caspersen Beach
- Teenager shot to death after young girl sneaks him in house
- What were they thinking? Tampa Bay orthodontist says do-it-yourself braces, are a don’t
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe
- Police ID teenagers accused of shooting up business in Clearwater