BARTOW, Fla. (AP) – Officials say a woman is dead following an early morning fire in Bartow.
A Polk County news release says another woman and two men were able to get out of the burning home early Tuesday.
Spokesman Kevin Watler says three dogs also lived at the home, but only one has been found. That dog wasn’t injured.
Watler says the fire had engulfed the manufactured home by the time firefighters arrived just before 4:30 a.m.
The names of the victims haven’t been released. Further details weren’t immediately available.
The Bureau of Fire and Arson will investigate the fire. The Polk County Sheriff’s Office will handle the death investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON NOW-
- Dr. Phil interview of Florida face-biting suspect to be released today
- Police ID teens accused of shooting up business in Clearwater
- Undercover detectives arrest 6 men for indecent exposure, solicitation at Caspersen Beach
- $20 debt leads to melee at Florida Girl Scout cookie stand
- Teenager shot to death after young girl sneaks him in house
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe