BRANDON, Fla. (WFLA) — Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office detectives have arrested a man suspected of robbing a customer who was using an ATM in Brandon.
Detectives say Estevan Lerma had a .40 caliber handgun when he robbed the customer on Saturday morning at the Suncoast Credit Union ATM.
During the struggle, the victim reached for the Lerma’s firearm, the gun discharged and Lerma left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Lerma was seen in surveillance images wearing a camouflage hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.
Deputies arrested Lerma and charged him with Robbery with a Weapon ($300 or more).
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON NOW-
- Seminole County woman accused of trying to kill husband after alleged affair
- Teenager shot to death after young girl sneaks him in house
- You Paid For It: Pasco road to nowhere has cost $15 million so far
- Banned license plates in Florida
- ‘Biggest Loser’ host Bob Harper suffers heart attack
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe