NEW YORK (AP) — Fitness trainer and host of NBC’s “Biggest Loser” Bob Harper says he is recovering from a serious heart attack that left him unconscious for two days.
Harper tells TMZ he was working out in a gym in New York City this month when he collapsed. He says a doctor who also was in the gym performed CPR on him.
The 51-year-old Harper says he spent eight days in a New York hospital and has not yet been cleared to fly home to Los Angeles.
Harper has been a fixture on all 17 seasons of “The Biggest Loser.” He served as a trainer on the show from 2004 to 2015. He took over as host of the reality weight loss program last year.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Teenager shot to death after young girl sneaks him in house
- AP Exclusive: Ex-congregants reveal years of ungodly abuse, say children are in danger
- Los Angeles Kings acquire Ben Bishop in trade with Tampa Bay Lightning
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe
- Lake Gibson Middle School asst. principal killed in apparent double-murder, suicide in Brandon
- Banned license plates in Florida
- Actor Bill Paxton dies at age 61