HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – About 6,000 homes lost power early Monday morning after a car crashed into a power pole in East Hillsborough County.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Southbound 56th Street near Harney Road
Wires from the pole were wrapped around the car.
Southbound 56th Street is closed between Hillsborough Avenue and Chelsea Street, and Northbound 56th Street is closed between Harney Road and Hillsborough Avenue while TECO crews work to repair the pole.
Power has been restored to the homes, according to a TECO spokesperson.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- 2017 Oscar winners: See complete list of nominees and winners
- Wrong-way driver on I-275 faces DUI charge in Pinellas County
- Los Angeles Kings acquire Ben Bishop in trade with Tampa Bay Lightning
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe
- Lake Gibson Middle School asst. principal killed in apparent double-murder, suicide in Brandon
- Banned license plates in Florida
- Actor Bill Paxton dies at age 61