VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – An impaired driver terrorized two different parking lots in Venice on Saturday night.
Authorities say Charles Garrett, 28 is to blame for a series of crashes along the South Tamiami Trail.
Around 6:30 p.m., deputies saw Garrett hit two cars at a Walmart parking lot. The suspect fled southbound towards the Jacaronda Crossings Plaza and was seen crashing into another vehicle at a McDonald’s parking lot. Garrett fled the area on foot after realizing his vehicle was blocked in by other cars. He ended up back at the Walmart parking lot where he was was apprehended by authorities. Authorities say the suspect tried to resist arrest multiple times and had trouble recalling details from the incident.
Garrett also failed a field sobriety test, blowing a .232 blood alcohol content, nearly three times the legal limit.
He faces the following charges:
- Three counts of driving under the influence with property damage
- Three counts of hit and run
- Three counts of driving under the influence .15 or higher
- Three counts of driving with a suspended license
- One count of resisting an officer without violence
Garrett remains in custody on a $4,220 bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Man slashes pregnant woman in face during Largo home invasion
- You Paid For It: Pinellas Co. shuts down for Tropicana Field event
- Polk DCF worker accused of dealing heroin, cocaine
- Actress Lindsay Lohan claims she was racially profiled at Heathrow Airport
- ‘Today’ show anchor Hoda Kotb adopts baby girl
- Results are in for annual Florida manatee count