LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputy shot and killed a pit bull that was about to attack him.
The shooting happened on Monday, while deputies were responding to a call about a Lakeland Electric employee who was attacked by a pit bull.
Deputies a the Lakeland Electric employee was attacked in unincorporated Lakeland near Hardin Combee Road and Fish Hatchery Road before the deputy arrived.
On Tuesday, Linda Dionne, covered in bandages and only able to one arm, spoke about the attack, and to the deputy who she said saved her life.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- 42 arrested in Polk Co. after undercover child porn, sex offender investigation
- Pasco woman arrested after leaving 4-year-old to care for sibling, 2, alone
- Disney World worker arrested on child porn charges; deputies fear there are more victims
- You Paid For It: Whistleblower lawsuit alleges millions in Pinellas Sunstar ambulance kickbacks
- Deputies: Polk teens killed man during sexual encounter, then set him on fire