FORT PIERCE, Fla. (WFLA) – Fort Pierce police said a five-year-old boy was found chewing on a used condom at a school playground.
Kindergarten students were playing outside when the boy found it, police reports said.
WPTV reports the condom was immediately taken from the boy. He was transported to a local hospital and is expected to be okay.
Officers are now on high alert around St. Lucie Elementary School.
STAY CONNECTED: Get today’s top stories delivered straight to your inbox. Click to sign up!
Officials said the condom could be prostitution-related, or a couple who made a bad decision.
School officials are checking security cameras and are sweeping the playground area frequently.
School leaders have found similar items on the grounds before, according to the police report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- You Paid For It: Whistleblower lawsuit alleges millions in Pinellas Sunstar ambulance kickbacks
- Jerry Sandusky’s adopted son arrested for sexually assaulting a child
- Deputies: Polk teens killed man during sexual encounter, then set him on fire
- Better Call Behnken: Man claims Tampa salesman ripped him off, pickets in front of office
- Polk deputy shoots, kills attacking pit bull