ELK MOUNTAIN, Wyo. (AP) — Dramatic video of a tractor-trailer blowing over onto a Wyoming Highway Patrol car shows just how crazy windy it can get out on the high plains.
Gusts up to 90 mph were recorded around the time the truck toppled Tuesday while headed down Interstate 80 in southern Wyoming.
A camera in another patrol car caught the crash: Wind nudges over the trailer, then the rig. The trailer falls onto a parked patrol car. The skidding truck barely misses the car filming.
- STAY CONNECTED: Get today’s top stories delivered straight to your inbox. Click to sign up!
Patrol Lt. David Wagener says the truck driver and a passenger weren’t hurt. Troopers on the scene were away from the crash zone, helping other motorists.
He says the highway was closed to lightweight, high-profile vehicles because of the wind and the driver was cited.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- No daddy, no dance for Clearwater 2nd grader
- Sargento recalls cheese due to possible contamination
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: Jan. 30 to Feb. 3
- Mob robbery targets Lakeland clothing store
- Target 8: Are online puppies for sale even real? St. Pete couple out $2,000