JUPITER, Fla. (AP) – President Donald Trump has spent his Saturday morning golfing with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as he hosts his first foreign leader at his Florida estate.
After a rocky diplomatic start that included contentious phone calls with the leaders of Mexico and Australia, the friendly weekend of meetings, dinners and golf suggest the new president is willing to invest time in developing close personal relationships with leaders he feels he can work with.
Reporters weren’t able to catch a glimpse of the two men as they played. But Trump later posted a photo of them exchanging a high-five and tweeted, “Having a great time hosting Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in the United States!”
As their husbands golfed, Melania Trump and Akie Abe toured the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- ‘Breaking Bad’ in Florida? Meth lab discovered in RV; 2 arrested
- No daddy, no dance for Clearwater 2nd grader
- Sargento recalls cheese due to possible contamination
- Woman has no regrets for writing brutally honest obituary for father
- Disney increasing park tickets prices for certain times of year