HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A wrong-way crash closed a portion of Route 60 in Hillsborough County Friday afternoon.
The accident occurred at Hopewell Road and Sydney Washer Road.
Florida Highway Patrol confirmed James Cissell, 75, of Lithia, was traveling northbound on Turkey Creek Road and turned left onto SR-60 into the eastbound lanes, traveling westbound.
Cissell collided with a sign post before sideswiping three other vehicles.
He then collided head-on with another vehicle while traveling eastbound.
His vehicle overturned and came to rest in the outside eastbound lane.
Cissell was taken to a hospital in serious condition, as were the driver and a passenger in the other vehicle.
FHP said the crash was alcohol related. Charges are pending.
The road has sense reopened.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- WATCH: Man confronts woman who left child alone in car in Tampa
- Florida doctor wrongly diagnosed patients with cancer for profit
- Mom pleads guilty in son’s birthday cake beating death
- 5 injured in high wire accident; They’re ‘lucky to be alive,’ doctors say
- Multi-County Chase: Girl, 15, found in back seat of stolen, burning car dies from injuries
- U.S. Marshals capture tattoo-covered sex offender