LOS ANGELES (AP) – Disney CEO Bob Iger says the company will open its Star Wars-themed lands at California’s Disneyland and Florida’s Walt Disney World in 2019.
The 14-acre attractions were announced in 2015 and are under construction at the parks. Disney says the lands will include attractions and entertainment alongside aliens and droids. The attractions represent the parks’ largest single themed land expansion ever.
During the company’s earnings call Tuesday, Iger also set an opening date of May 27 for the new World of AVATAR attraction at Disney World’s Animal Kingdom.
The Walt Disney Company is based in Burbank, California.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Homeless man dumped into garbage truck makes it out alive in Tampa
- Pasco paving company under microscope after Better Call Behnken investigation
- Border Patrol seizes nearly 2 tons of marijuana camouflaged as limes
- You Paid For It: $60,000 party thrown by Port Tampa Bay
- Woman found chained in North Carolina shed