MIAMI (AP) – Police say a 22-day-old baby is in critical condition after being ejected from a vehicle during a hit-and-run crash in Miami.
Investigators tell local news outlets that a driver in a white van ran a red light early Saturday and crashed into a vehicle the baby was riding in. Authorities say the mother had taken the child out of the car seat before the crash. The impact caused him to be thrown from the vehicle.
The child was taken to a Miami hospital, along with his mother. She was listed in stable condition.
Investigators say the driver of the Ford Econoline cargo van fled the scene. They say the van likely has extensive front-end damage.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Lady Gaga to bring Joanne World Tour to Tampa
- Police: Jacksonville 8-year-old boy shoots younger brother, kills sister, age 5
- Police: ALF worker beat patient with a hollow leg brace repeatedly
- Board: Casino served player 27 drinks in 9 hours
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or suspended by Florida Supreme Court