HILLSBOROUGH, Fla. (WFLA) — Veterans recently got the opportunity to check out a whole new field they’ve never experienced before.
Hillsborough County Economic Development, Hillsborough County Farm Bureau, and Hillsborough County Extension Services partnered to give 40 veterans an up-close look at the agricultural business.
It is a way to introduce them to a possible new career path and show them job opportunities within Hillsborough County.
Many veterans have skills in high-end technology and that technology and military knowledge can translate well in the agricultural field.
Many veterans who were looking for a new way of life said agricultural business is a perfect fit.
“Agriculture is a business as well. And so with that, I am keeping in mind things I have done before, a financial manager, budget analyst, and even weapon systems. Everything is a business,” said Michael Burrell, a retired air force veteran.
Burrell says he plans to own a strawberry field eventually and he hopes he will be able to give jobs to other people who have served.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Lady Gaga to bring Joanne World Tour to Tampa
- Police: Jacksonville 8-year-old boy shoots younger brother, kills sister, age 5
- Police: ALF worker beat patient with a hollow leg brace repeatedly
- Board: Casino served player 27 drinks in 9 hours
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or suspended by Florida Supreme Court