(WFLA) – Authorities are investigating two fatal crashes that caused traffic problems on Monday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly hit-and-run crash in Hudson. It happened at Maryland Avenue, which is a residential street just west of U.S. 19. Investigators say a person driving a truck hit and killed a pedestrian and then drove away. No other details have been released.
A short time later, a witness said a truck hit a power line at Hudson Avenue and U.S. 19. The power line was knocked down and as of 7:45 a.m. the northbound lanes of U.S. 19 were closed.
A second fatal crash on Monday morning caused delays on Interstate 75 in Hillsborough County. At about 2 a.m., a 2016 Lexus traveling southbound on I-75 lost control just south of Big Bend Road. The Lexus hit a trailer that was being towed by another vehicle. The driver of the Lexus, a 46-year-old man from Lakewood Ranch, died at the scene of the crash.
No other details have been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Lady Gaga to bring Joanne World Tour to Tampa
- Police: Jacksonville 8-year-old boy shoots younger brother, kills sister, age 5
- Police: ALF worker beat patient with a hollow leg brace repeatedly
- Board: Casino served player 27 drinks in 9 hours
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or suspended by Florida Supreme Court