ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Thousands of Rays fans proved they are more than ready for baseball season to get underway. They packed Tropicana Field Saturday for the Rays’ annual fan fest.
As usual, there were plenty of family-friendly activities and more than 60 current and former major league players and coaches who made appearances.
One fan told us they have high hopes for the Rays this season.
The Rays first spring training game is February 26th against the Red Sox.
They open the season against the Yankees April 2nd at Tropicana Field.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police: ALF worker beat patient with a hollow leg brace repeatedly
- Tiny houses a game changer for big game tailgating
- Board: Casino served player 27 drinks in 9 hours
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or suspended by Florida Supreme Court
- DOJ asks court to stay order on travel ban