State inspectors temporarily closed one Tampa Bay area eatery from January 23 to January 27, 2017. We’ve listed the restaurant that was closed below, along with details about what inspectors say they found.
Davenport’s Ale House located at 1260 Posner Blvd. in Davenport
- Food was stored in ice that is used for drinks. Inspector observed 2 bottles of beverages stored in ice in bar.
- Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found.
- 20-25 live roaches were behind flip top unit in food preparation area.
- Inspector observed approximately 8-10 live roaches on the side of a reach-in freezer on cook’s line.
- Interior of the reach-in cooler soiled with accumulation of food residue.
The following Tampa Bay restaurants received the most violations during inspections conducted from January 23 to January 27, 2017.
- 5 live roaches found: 2 under triple sink, 1 near steam table and 2 on cook’s line near dump sink.
- Toxic chemical improperly stored at the bar area.
- Raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food in walk-in cooler. Raw shelled eggs were stored over cantaloupe. Raw salmon was stored over cooked boiled eggs.
- An employee was touching ready-to-eat food with their bare hands.
- Raw animal food was stored over ready-to-eat food in the walk-in cooler: Beef stored over lettuce and chicken was stored over tofu and shrimp.
- Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food prepared on site and held for more than 24 hours but was not properly date marked.
- Live, small flying insects were found in the kitchen, food preparation area, and storage area. Five live flies in the kitchen.
- Raw animal foods not properly separated from each other in holding unit. Beef over fish and chicken over beef.
- Spray bottle with toxic substance stored above food preparation surface.
- Gyro meat was cooled prior to being fully cooked.
- Roach excrement present around electoral outlets and around gaskets of the non-working reach-in cooler.
- Pesticide labeled for household-use only present in establishment.
- Raw animal food was stored over ready-to-eat food in the reach-in cooler.
- Shell eggs were held at room temperature with an ambient air temperature greater than 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There was a buildup of food debris and soil residue on equipment door handles.
- Pesticide labeled for household use only present in establishment.
- Potentially hazardous cold food held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit
- Hot water not provided at employee hand-wash sink
- A cutting board was soiled.
- A slicer blade was soiled with old food debris.
- The interior of the oven had a heavy accumulation of black substance, grease and food debris.
- Live, small flying insects found in the kitchen, food preparation area, and food storage area: Too many to count.
- Nonfood-grade containers were used for food storage and were in direct contact with food.
- There was an accumulation of food debris and grease on food-contact surfaces.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- WFLA obtains text messages deleted by former head of Hillsborough PTC
- Krispy Kreme giving away free doughnuts in February
- Boy, 7, hit, critically injured by vehicle in Hillsborough
- Palm Harbor man dead after running red light in Hillsborough County
- Family says bus bullies wrote ‘loser’ on girl’s forehead
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.