Overloaded extension cord to blame in Clearwater house fire

Clearwater Fire Rescue photo
Clearwater Fire Rescue photo

CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Investigators say an overloaded electrical extension cord started a fire at a Clearwater home early Sunday morning.

Clearwater firefighters received a call at 4:30 a.m. about a house that was on fire.

Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the rear of the home located at 1132 Carlton St.

The home’s occupants made it out safely.

Firefighters were able to put the blaze out quickly.

Investigators say the fire was accidental.

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s