KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WESH) — Dozens of people were evacuated from a Kissimmee hotel that caught fire early Friday morning.
Osceola County Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Danny McAvoy said it’s not clear what sparked the blaze at the Unno Boutique Hotel.
McAvoy said the fire started in an area of the hotel that wasn’t occupied. He also said the building had been under construction.
Aerial video shows flames burning through the roof in one corner of the two-story building. About 80 people were evacuated from the hotel.
Firefighters from neighboring fire departments have been called to help contain the fire.
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.