DAYTON, Ohio – The Montgomery County Animal Resource Center said Tuesday charges have been approved against the owners of an Ohio dog that ingested heroin.
According to the Animal Resource Center, a pit bull puppy named Diesel was seized on Nov. 25 from Med Vet Dayton where the puppy was suffering from “accidental heroin ingestion.” The dog was taken to the center for treatment.
After an investigation, the case was submitted to the City of Dayton Prosecutor’s Office and charges were approved against the owners.
David Bendig and Melissa Myers have both been charged with two counts each of animal cruelty. They each face up to a $1,000 in fines and 180 days in jail.
Diesel is still being treated at the Animal Resource Center and is not available for adoption.