St. Petersburg Fire Rescue has shared the following turkey fryer safety tips-
- Never use turkey fryers indoors, in a garage or too close to any structure.
- Ensure turkey is completely frozen if using a fryer.
- Always stay in the kitchen while cooking, never leave food unattended.
- Never use your oven for storage.
- Never throw anything on a fire. If it’s safe to do so, you can out a lid on cookware to smother a small kitchen fire.
- Do not ever use water on a grease fire.
- Invest in a fire extinguisher.
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.