NEW YORK (WCMH) – 4C Foods Corp. recently announced a voluntary recall of several grated cheese products due to possible salmonella contamination.
The products were sold nationwide and were packed in 6 oz. vacuum-sealed glass jars, with ‘best by’ dates between November 12, 2016 and November 12, 2018 and packaged in cases of either 6 or 12 jars per case:
- 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
- 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
- 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
- Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
- Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses.
No illnesses from the cheese have been reported.
Consumers are asked to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Anyone with questions is asked to call 4C Foods Corp. at 866-969-1920 Monday- Friday, 9:30am to 4:30pm (Eastern Time).
PHOTOS: 4C Cheese recall
PHOTOS: 4C Cheese recall x
Photos: Timeline of eaglet E9 hatching, second egg still incubating
Photos: Truck crashes into Pasco Co house, injuring 4
Top ten celebrity homes to hit the market in 2016
PHOTOS: Polk Co. Sheriff’s Office ‘Elf on the Shelf’
George Michael: Through The Years
Christmas card features cute fire department babies
Photos: 19 sea turtles delivered to Tampa area for rehabilitation
Portion of famous Belleview Biltmore Hotel to be moved
Fatal accident in Tampa blocking Dale Mabry Highway intersection
TAKE A TOUR: President-elect Trump’s first mansion