BRANDON, Fla. (WFLA) – A Brandon pizza place was closed Friday after Florida restaurant inspectors found roaches, live insects in the kitchen and food preparation area, and sewage coming back up through floor drains.
Villa Pizza, located in the Westfield Brandon, has since reopened.
The original complaint says inspectors found four high-priority violations, five intermediate violations and two basic violations.
Here are the complaints:
- “Basic – Dead roaches on premises. One dead roach observed under soda boxes .
- Basic – Wet wiping cloth not stored in sanitizing solution between uses.
- High Priority – Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, or food storage area. Flies to numerous to count at soda box area in dish wash area.
- High Priority – Presence of insects, rodents, or other pests. Several ants observed around soda boxes.
- High Priority – Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 12 live roaches observed under soda boxes in dish wash area.
- High Priority – Sewage/wastewater backing up through floor drains. Black water draining up the floor drains in back kitchen area.
- Intermediate – Accumulation of black/green mold-like substance in the interior of the ice machine.
- Intermediate – Handwash sink not accessible for employee use due to items stored in the sink. Poster stored in employee hand wash sink next to 3 comp sink COS, manager removed poster at time of inspection.
- Intermediate – No soap provided at handwash sink. No soap at employee hand wash sink next to three comp sink ,COS, inuse to over with management the importance supplies to all employee wash sinks to insure proper hand washing is achieved . Management replaced soap at time of inspection.
- Intermediate – Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food prepared on site and held more than 24 hours not properly date marked. Cooked chicken held over 24 not date marked in walk in cooler.
- Intermediate – Required employee training expired for all employees.”
On Saturday inspectors reopened Villa Pizza but said again employees needed additional training.