A mother says she is still in shock after she put a quarter in a gumball machine to get a treat for her young daughter and got a plastic container of pills instead.
The gumball machine, with toys inside, caught the eye of a 7-year old girl while the family was out for pizza Friday night in Rochester, N.H..
At first, the mother, Courtney Jones, thought the container had candy inside. But she couldn’t believe what she saw when she took a closer look – a mix of pills.
Jones contacted police, who confirmed the medication was likely for blood pressure.
The restaurant has since removed the gumball machine. Police are working with them and the vendor, reviewing video and retracing steps, to figure out how the pills wound up in the machine.
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.