This week is National Pet Peeve week and Match compiled data from its annual Singles in America Survey to show what singles sais their biggest turn off was.
First Date turn-offs:
- Men and women both said their biggest pet peeve is a date who checks their phone too frequently.
- Both also don’t want you to work too hard to impress them. They suggest to just be yourself.
- Man don’t like it when their dates talk to little and women don’t like it when their date talks about their finances.
- More women than men thought misspellings and improper grammar was unattractive, but they almost equally agreed if you respond with short answers, you won’t get very far.
- Men also said they don’t like it when their partner uses all caps and women said they don’t like being asked too personal of questions.
Social media turn-offs:
- Both men and woman thought airing your emotional drama in posts on social media is not good. Neither is taking excessive selfies.
- They both also said asking your significant other to unfriend their exes is a big no-no.
- Single women are almost TWICE as turned off by selfies on Instagram than single men.
- But, both sexes agree using lots of hashtags or trending hashtags will send them running for the hills.
- Men said pictures of babies or inspirational quotes bother them, while women said they disliked pictures of men showing off their bodies or working out and of course partying.
So there you have it! These are all of the things you shouldn’t do if you’re part of the dating world. Happy mingling.