TAMPA FL – The Suncoast District of the U. S. Postal Service (USPS) has announced suspension of delivery and retail operations in some ZIP Code areas due to the approach of Hurricane Matthew.
Post Offices (PO) with ZIP Codes beginning with the first three digits 329 have the following changes: The Cocoa Beach PO; 500 N. Brevard Avenue Cocoa Beach, FL 32931, Patrick Air Force Base PO, 424 Falcon Avenue Patrick AFB, FL 32925 are closed beginning Thursday.
Post Offices along the Barrier Islands, listed below, will close at Noon and mail delivery will stop at Noon Thursday-
- Melbourne Beach PO, 504 Ocean Avenue, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951
- Indialantic PO, 200 N. Palm Avenue, Indialantic, FL 32903
- Satellite Beach PO, 1071 S. Patrick Drive Ste 101, Satellite Beach, FL 32937
- Merritt Island PO, 333 Crockett Blvd., Merritt Island, FL 32953
- Cape Canaveral PO, 8700 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Customers should call 1.800.ASK.USPS for alternate Post Office locations, or visit the Postal Service website — usps.com —like an online Post Office at your fingertips, and open for business 24/7. The Postal Service’s smartphone app makes it even quicker to use the most popular functions on usps.com, anytime and anywhere.
Postal Service employees are asked to call the USPS National Employee Emergency Hotline at 1.888.363.7462 for updated work reporting information.