- Nearly 275 people sought shelter in Manatee’s public shelters overnight, many of whom were evacuees from outside of the area. Those who live in Manatee will return home Friday and all those who evacuated here from the East Coast will move to Braden River High School for now.
- Sherilyn Burris, Manatee’s acting Emergency Management Chief, reported that Matthew’s impacts were minimal in Manatee County and the County’s tropical storm watch has passed.
Weather Resources/Maps To Track Matthew:
- Active Alerts
- Live Interactive Radar – Track Matthew. Every hour of the day.
- Tropic Maps – See the latest track, spaghetti models and tropical satellites
- Current Conditions – The very latest temperatures, rainfall, and visibility in Tampa Bay area counties
- Hurricane-Ready – Powerful information to help you prepare before, during and after the hurricane
- Need to find the cheapest fuel in your area? Look no further than the WFLA.com | News Channel 8 Gas Buddy section
- Road: WFLA News Channel 8 Live Traffic Maps
- Rail: Service running on schedule at this time.
- Buses: Service running on schedule at this time.
- Nothing to report as of right now.
- Service is on schedule.
- Gather must-have items and supplies
- Be prepared: Develop a family plan
- Stay safe: Protect yourself and your family
- Steps to take now to protect your home
- Simple steps to protect your pets
- Don’t forget to protect important documents
County By County Coverage
- Citrus County
- Hernando County
- Highlands County
- Hillsborough County
- Manatee County
- Orlando/Orange County
- Pasco County
- Polk County
- Pinellas County