Teen hospitalized after e-cigarette explodes on Universal ride

AP file photo
AP file photo

ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) —A 14-year-old girl was hospitalized Saturday when a man’s e-cigarette exploded as they were both riding the Harry Potter train at Universal Studios.

Orlando police said three college students were on the train with a family of five from Tennessee. The two groups did not know each other, authorities said.

Police said that during the ride an e-cigarette in the pocket of one of the students malfunctioned, shooting a ball of flame toward the 14-year-old girl.

The girl was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital with mild to moderate burns.

Police said there was a small burn hole in the train seat, but no other significant damage.

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s